• Under the Rules & Regulations of COMMON CAUSE as amended by the Governing Council on March 8, 2007, membership of the Society is open to individuals, irrespective of caste, creed or community. Organisations, which were members of the Society as on March 8, 2007, shall henceforth be Honorary members without voting rights.
• Membership fee for new Individual members (with voting rights) is Rs.500/- for one year and Rs.2,500/- for life. New Associate members (without voting rights) will pay Rs.100/- for one year and Rs.500/- for life. Annual membership fee for Honorary members will be Rs.200/-.
• Applications for membership are to be sent in the prescribed Form to COMMON CAUSE, Common Cause House, 5, Institutional Area, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070. The form can be copied from this issue, or downloaded from the Society's website www.commoncauseindia.org The prescribed membership fee is to be remitted by money order/demand draft/crossed cheque issued on a Bank branch in Delhi, in favour of COMMON CAUSE.
• The journal is priced at Rs.1/- for members and the subscription is included in the membership fee. The journal is also available to non-members at an annual subscription of Rs.110/-, inclusive of postage. The retail price of the journal is Rs.30/- for a single issue.
• We are in the process of compiling a database on our Life members. We appeal to the Life members to furnish their personal data in line with the format for new members. Their feedback on the journal and suggestions for further improvement will be most welcome. In case a Life member is no longer with us, the next of kin may please communicate his/her date of death to us to enable us to update our records.
• We receive numerous letters. Replies are invariably sent. Normally, our receipt is about 20/30 letters every day. Kindly write only when you must. We are not equipped to deal with letters written in regional languages.
• Donations to COMMON CAUSE are eligible for exemption under Section 80-G of the Income Tax Act. Your donations, and those of your friends, will be most welcome indeed.
Published, Printed and Edited by Kamal Kant Jaswal, Director, COMMON CAUSE, 5, Institutional Area, Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070 Tel : 26131313, www.commoncauseindia.org e-mail:email@example.com